Friday, April 3, 2009

Ah…Instant gratification

There are very few ways in life to really achieve instant gratification, and for one reason or another, sometimes it is all that I want. The reasons for wanting instant gratification are complex.  I find that I seek out instant gratification when I feel less than in control of my life, and it is a way for me to regain control, feel good about myself, and gain a sense of accomplishment.

When I am feeling the urge to work very little and feel like I’ve done quite a bit, I usually find myself vacuuming. I love that I can vacuum for five minutes and on the surface my house looks all spiffy and clean. Now, I am very aware that instant gratification is a mask for some deeper issues, and I am pretty in touch with those issues, but seriously sometimes I just don’t want to go there.  There are so many reasons for me to feel down and sometimes discouraged with different things in my life, and I will take most any opportunity to feel good…even if its from vacuuming.

What do you do when you are feeling a little down in order to turn things around for yourself?

Do you recognize when it’s important to dig deeper and solve why instant gratification is something you’re craving?

What does instant gratification mask for you?

I hope you all have a wonderful weekend,

Talia

No comments:

Post a Comment