Friday, March 20, 2009

For What It's Worth

This past week has come and gone, and the weekend is almost here. I love my weekends, like I’m sure most of you do, but this weekend is not very restful.  In fact, I have over committed myself and said yes to too many things, which in turn has let some of my closest friend’s down. For this I am very sorry.  I am very reliable, and when I say yes to something, I follow through. There is no remedy to this situation that will make it all ok, so I am now in the position of going back on my word, and I feel extremely guilty.

This feeling of guilt although justifiable, is not a feeling that I like. So how do I shake this feeling, while acknowledging that it’s real? I think I just answered my own question. I am feeling guilty because my actions were not in alignment with my values, and I recognize that, and all I can do is act differently in the future.

Knowing that my friends know who I am, and that I am not typically someone who is flaky, I am trusting that they will see the situation for what it is, and together we can all move forward from here.  In a way I am thankful for this scenario that I have created for myself, because it so clearly validates that this is not a way in which I want to live my life.

The questions that I will be thinking about this weekend are these:

What process do I go through to forgive myself?

How do I forgive others?

What can I do to prevent this situation from happening in the future?

 

I hope you all have a fantastic weekend, and honor who you all are.

Talia

p.s. Ladies, I’m very sorry.

No comments:

Post a Comment