Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Who I Am…revisited.

I have been reflecting lately. I have been living my life this past year or so on the coattails of a new relationship and all that that entails, and in the process of learning so much about someone else and sharing me with him, I seemed to have gone a bit astray from my center. How did I know that I was out of balance? Well, I started feeling really overwhelmed, without cause to be overwhelmed. I fully realized the scope of my out-of- whackness, when I reached out to a fellow coach and asked her to help me. I wasn’t sure what type of help I was wanting, but I knew that together we would make that discovery.

This past Monday was our second session, and it was really powerful. I have to admit, that I have been removed from life coaching on a daily basis with clients, and having a coach myself, and I was pleasantly reminded of the simple power that a skilled coach has. Within a few minutes of our session, as if I hit a brick wall, I was faced with not knowing my very own vision and purpose statements.

While I was in coaching school, I spent months crafting a vision statement and a purpose statement, that were meant to be used as touchstones for me to reconnect with my True self and remember to always honor my True self, and there I was this past Monday not remembering. After some long pauses and some thoughtful questions, I was able to remember a little…not all, but a little. What was most important about this experience, was that I began to feel an enormous amount of energy surging through my body, as if my core being had been starved of this information, and getting a little bit of it was making me come alive again. When I was in coaching school, I was invigorated, curios, productive, authentic, and my whole self. I have only been a part of that lately, and tasting a bit of what I know is possible, has awakened my hunger to taste, feel, live and have all of what I am capable of.

Here is what I know, when I live, love, and come from a place of truth; I am unstoppable. I also know that when I live from a place of complacency, and expectation, from myself and from others, I am tired, not motivated, and anxious. I choose to live radiantly, thus from a place of my own personal truth.

Here is my Vision Statement:

I am explosive gorgeous energy, Delicious paradox, consciously grounded, Truthteller, optimistic, infectiously passionate, uncontained, spontaneous lover of life.

My Purpose is motivated by deep love and sincerity. I challenge peoples’ boundaries with infinite compassion. I transcend limits and exude possibility. I acknowledge inner beauty. I am Present and balanced. I organically cultivate health and healing. I radiate love, and live honestly. I encourage people to reach their highest potential.

It feels so good to say that out loud. I have not shared this part of me, openly, for a long time, and it is clearly overdue. I am making a commitment to reconnect with my true self, so that I can live a more meaningfully, be more authentic, and help people achieve their goals.

Here are some thoughts for you:

Have you ever crafted a vision or purpose statement? If so, what are they?

Are you living in align with your true-self?

What would it feel like to always live authentically?

Where in your life could you connect more with your vision and or purpose?

I would love to hear from some of you on this topic.

Be brave and share.

Thanks for taking the time to read this,

Talia

No comments:

Post a Comment