Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Practice what you preach

Since the beginning of this year I have been reexamining and redefining my relationship with health and fitness. As many of you know, health and fitness are two principles that I value greatly, so to me it makes perfect sense that I am reevaluating and making changes in order to get the most out of my health and fitness.

For me the two go hand-in-hand with one another, and I cannot have one without the other. I started this process of assessment back in March, when I committed to a nutritional program for a month. The program was called ONVO, and it has changed my relationship with food for the better. At first I was terrified to commit to the program, because I thought it was going to be too hard and I believed that I would fail. So in my mind is was safer to not do, because then I couldn’t fail. But with the support of my family and friends, I choose to try it, and to my surprise it was not nearly as hard as I had thought. I am now close to two months out of the program, and I feel great. The most valuable lesson that I have learned from this process is to honor how I am feeling. When I eat clean, whole, nutritious foods, I feel great, on the flip side, when I eat some processed or junky foods I feel sluggish and hazy. But let’s be honest, sometimes eating chicken fingers and sipping on a beer is what I am craving…so I have it. The point for me is to remember how to get back to balance. If I’m going to have a binger of a night and or weekend, then I know that in order to feel good again, I make healthier choices. The beauty of maintaining my health and how I feel is that the choice is up to me.

I know for some people, me included, getting started on a different path is daunting and scary, and well worth the hard work. I take every opportunity possible to look back on what was, and compare it to what is…I love seeing and feeling progress.

Here are some questions for you to think about…start talking to your family and friends and create some positive energy!

Health and fitness are passions of mine, what is your passion?

What behaviors in your life directly effect how you are feeling?

What will it take for you to ignite your passions?

What would it feel like if your passion were a daily part of your life?

I am here for you, if you’d like any support or want to chat about this.

I would love it if you all would share your thoughts,

Talia

No comments:

Post a Comment